Let’s get candid. The typical 9 to 5 job is not everyone’s cup of tea. People often find traditional jobs boring and repetitive. Most importantly, in some cases, they do not pay enough. Many high-paying professions allow you to start a side hustle while you can focus on your career. Find out what do miscellaneous jobs pay.
There are many options out there who don’t want to take the traditional route. Some jobs demand various skills that you can learn yourself too. What are paying jobs in miscellaneous? Keep reading! You may find a job that speaks to you. This article talks about jobs paying miscellaneous.
What are miscellaneous jobs?
These jobs simply mean out-of-the-box. There are mainstream jobs that most people choose. These include anything within the corporate sector, law, or engineering field. These jobs are frequently referred to as “odd” jobs. You must be curious about what do miscellaneous jobs pay.
But there is a common misconception that “odd” jobs pay less. That is incorrect on so many levels. While there are odd jobs out there that are low-paying, simultaneously high-paying odd jobs exist too. Another significant point to note is that some miscellaneous jobs require a degree, a license, and field specialization. Let’s see what are the best paying jobs in miscellaneous.
Types of miscellaneous jobs
You’ll be surprised to see the different kinds of jobs that exist out there. Find out what do miscellaneous jobs pay. We’ve listed ten paying jobs in miscellaneous. Find what suits you best.
Crystallography is a job paying miscellaneous. It is a branch of science that studies the crystal formations of substances that create crystalline compounds. In simple words, they examine crystals. Maybe this paying jobs in miscellaneous are suitable for you.
- You need a bachelor’s degree in a scientific field such as Chemistry, Physics, or Biology.
- A graduate degree is also required as an undergrad degree alone will lead to limited opportunities. The majority of crystallographers are graduates
- Having relevant expertise in a lab setting will be beneficial and necessary.
Places that will hire a crystallographer
- Research institutions
- Pharmaceutical and Biocehmcial labs
- Forensic laboratories.
The average yearly wage for crystallographers in the United States is $105,720, or $51 per hour. Depending on the state you reside in, a crystallographer makes as little as $62,030 or $30 per hour. Crystallography is the best-paying job in miscellaneous.
One of the paying jobs in miscellaneous is a chiropractor. A chiropractor studies the neuromusculoskeletal system, which includes the patient’s bones, nerves, muscles, tendons, and ligaments. They crack bones to help treat back, neck, and joint discomfort.
- Undergrad degree in a scientific field
- After completing my bachelor’s, the next step is to enroll in an authorized chiropractic college and get a Doctor of Chiropractic degree. The duration is three years.
- The last step is to get a license to work in a specific field. You must pass the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners, which has four levels.
Places that will hire chiropractors
- Outpatient care centers
What do miscellaneous jobs pay, such as a chiropractor? The average pay scale for a chiropractor is $158,166. The best paying jobs in miscellaneous is a chiropractor.
3) Soap Boiler
Let’s talk about the best paying jobs in miscellaneous. A soap boiler may sound a bit weird. A soap boiler is someone who manufactures soap. Their job is to mix oils, alkaline substances, and fragrances to make soap.
Soap-making has evolved over the years. Instead of being a plain olf foamy bar, artists have taken soap making to the next level. Now there are soaps in different shapes like cupcakes and flowers.
An undergraduate degree in this occupation is not necessary. You can learn the skill from platforms like YouTube, SkillShare, or square space.
Before you sell handmade soaps, you must have business and product liability insurance. What do miscellaneous jobs pay when you work independently?
You can enroll in a soap-making diploma which may take around 150 hours.
Places that will hire a soap maker
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Cosmetic/skincare industry
- Or go solo by opening an Etsy Shop
Soap making is one of the best paying jobs in miscellaneous. The salary ranges around $60,000 per year. If you are independently handling your business, it may depend on your platform’s outreach and the time you dedicate to making soap.
A flavorist is a chemist who gives flavor to food. Whether it is chips or biscuits, a flavorist is behind it. Their job is to replicate the taste of food items. It may sound like a dream job to many as it involves eating. But a flavorist’s job entails more than just tasting and experimenting. What do miscellaneous jobs pay as a flavorist?
You must be well-versed in the chemical makeup of foods, plants, oils, and extracts.
- A bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, food science, or a closely related field.
- For paying jobs in miscellaneous like a flavorist, you will need a master’s degree in a field of study linked to the chemistry of food or flavors.
- Then, begin as a lab assistant, performing general lab work under the supervision of a senior or master flavorist.
- To analyze natural flavors, the position calls for taste buds that are attentive to detail and have a great sense of smell.
Places that will hire a flavorist
- Food companies
- Flavor Houses
- Research laboratories
The National average salary for a favorite is $60,640 per year. The best paying job in miscellaneous is being a flavorist.
5) Billboard installer
A billboard installer’s responsibilities include installing a billboard. Additionally, they hang and take down advertisements and are in charge of maintaining and repairing each billboard. Do not choose these paying jobs in miscellaneous if you are afraid of heights.
- high school diploma or equivalent
- driver’s license
- a 10-hour OSHA construction course
- certifications that include CDL, Crane, Signal, and Riggin
- OSHA safety standards are to be followed
- Should not be afraid of heights
- comfortable with working outdoors such as immense heat
- good core strength
Places that will hire a billboard installer
- Advertising agencies
- Construction agencies
So what do miscellaneous jobs pay for a billboard installer? Billboard installers in the US earn incomes ranging from $29,770 to $90,490, with a median wage of $61,133.
Freelancing is a surefire strategy for making money online. There are multiple fields available in freelancing, such as data input, graphic design, photography, and other forms of writing for SEO. Undoubtedly, overnight success won’t come easy. But once you tap into this market, it can be very lucrative.
- A degree is not needed
- quality communication skills
- Fluent at writing and proper grammar
- Tools such as Grammarly
- You can also sign up for courses from YouTube or Skillshare
- Compile a portfolio as you gather experience
Places that will hire a freelancer
- content writing agencies
- You can also work independently on Fiver, Upwork, or individually.
It is difficult to determine a freelancer’s income as it is not fixed. It depends on the price per word and completed projects.
7) Bingo or casino manager
They are responsible for the scheduling, training, and payment and make sure that their visitors have a top-notch casino experience. Is casino manager included in paying jobs in miscellaneous?
Casino managers, sometimes known as managers or gaming managers, are in charge of the day-to-day management of the casino’s gaming section. They oversee the gaming area, administer policies, and ensure rules compliance.
- Formal education for casino managers is not necessary but is preferred.
Knowledge of marketing.
- Some schools offer management certifications. These courses, which are one year or less in length, cover a variety of topics, including operations management, hospitality, human resources, and gaming laws
- Casino managers must receive dealer training in table games, including baccarat, blackjack, poker, and roulette.
- It will be beneficial to take courses in fundamental casino operations, customer service, marketing, surveillance, security, floor management, and gaming legislation.
- Casino managers need a license from the state where they are employed.
- Employers typically run background checks on potential casino managers, demand that they are drug-free, and pass a criminal history check.
What do miscellaneous jobs pay, such as casino managers? The median salary for casino managers is $74,000.
8) Ethical computer hacker
An ethical hacker is also known as a white hacker. Their job is to assess the security of networks or system infrastructure and find flaws. They find vulnerabilities to see if unauthorized access can take place. The paying jobs in miscellaneous include ethical hacking.
- Computer science, information technology security, or a closely related subject bachelor’s degree
- Qualifications in security, such as Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) and Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) (CEH)
Certified ethical hackers make between $35,160 and $786,676 annually in the US, with a median wage of $168,948.
Another paying jobs in miscellaneous is a landscaper. The responsibilities include applying fertilizer, maintaining landscape design elements, removing weeds and dead plant matter, and supervising repairs as necessary. Also responsible for building a garden. Lastly, use pesticides to eliminate pests, mosquitoes, wasps, and ticks.
- A high school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- Have agricultural knowledge.
Landscapers make a median salary of $31,730 in 2020.
10) Photography assistant
The last paying jobs in miscellaneous is a photography assistant. Photographer helpers, also referred to as assistant photographers, aid professional photographers with planning and organization in studios and off-site locations.
It is their responsibility to move and set up the equipment, help with lighting, and ensure the shoot goes off without a problem. Photography assistants should also schedule appointments and keep track of deadlines.
- Capable of using photo editing software including CorelDRAW, Adobe Photoshop, PaintShop Pro, Gimp, and Adobe Illustrator.
- A good eye for style and colour.
- Know their way around lighting and camera equipment.
- Communication skills
Who hires photography assistants?
- Event planners
The paying jobs in miscellaneous such as assistant photographers, make around $77,000 to 110,000 per year.
These are the best paying jobs in the miscellaneous present in the market.
What kind of miscellaneous jobs are out there?
There are loads of best-paying miscellaneous jobs out there. We hope this article helped. If you do not want to go to the typical 9 to 5 route, search the internet for miscellaneous jobs. You are bound to find an ideal fit.
Are miscellaneous the same as traditional ones?
It can be just as demanding as working for a company. It’s also crucial to keep in mind that not everyone will be a good fit for this lifestyle. To succeed in your in any profession, you must display sheer commitment.
Also Read: How to Invest 30k: 5 Less Risky Ways